Re: Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

wrote:

> > > I suppose you might say that you didn't like my
> > > ambiguous, non-official response, but I would prefer
> > > that you hold me to some regard higher than "no-one".
> > > I'll attempt a response again.
> > >
> > > OpenOffice is the first I have heard of this. And
> > > while I believe this particular thing is a small
> > > thing, I suppose others disagree. If you know of
> > > other specific cases, let us know... maybe someone
> > > can keep track. But to my knowledge no such list
> > > exists, what does exist is the publicly known policy.
> > > Again, no such list as that you request exists to my
> > > knowledge.
> > >
> > > And besides OpenOffice, which I wasn't aware of, I am
> > > aware of no other such deficiencies. And lack of
> > > codecs do not fit this bill since codecs aren't part
> > > of the program. The feature in question here was part
> > > of the program.

> > > Or, one could be aware of Fedora's fairly simple and
> > > straight forward policies.

> > > You could always do that. Have you suffered from any
> > > such "stripping" before?
> >
> > No, Arthur.  You are still not answering the question.
> > To be truthful, I doubt if anyone here can.  You (and
> > others) go over and over the same points about
> > OpenOffice.  That is not what the question was.  The
> > question, once again, is how many other packages are
> > similarly affected?  and how could you know?
> >
> > Being aware of the policies is no help at all if you
> > don't know which bit of coding might transgress and
> > whether it is present in the source material.
> >
> > Anne
>
> The answer was... "such a list does not exist'
>
> --
> Fedora Core 6 and proud

Where can we go to make a request that a list be created.
Because the Fedora/RH team evaluates all the software, the
lawyers get involved and the software that has to be
modified is identified and then dealt with accordingly.  So
there is knowledge somewhere in the company of what
software has been changed to remove function that is
declared legally dangerous to use in the distro.

--
If the word following begins with
a vowel, the word you want is...