Re: fc6 gnucash and firefox dependency ?

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Monday 09 April 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What does firefox 1.5.0.10-5.fc6 and gnucash
2.0.5-1.fc6 have to do with each other?
Is this a trivia question or a test?

Neither!  Does any one know why Fedora versions of these two
apps are dependent?  I decided to remove the fc version of
firefox and install the newest stable version.  When I used
yumex to remove firefox it also wanted to remove gnucash
and yelp.  Okay, fine I will just install gnucash again.
Gnucash wanted to also install firefox again.  What's up
with that?  I don't want to have two versions of firefox
installed.  I have seen the posts of others with problems
from that set up.  Sooooo, I am going to try my hand at
creating my own rpm from source and install the latest
stable versions of gnucash and firefox.

Tim answered with the most probable cause.  Makes you think M$, huh?  Got to
have IE installed in order to run some apps....

IIRC, there is a plan to separate the browser and the rendering engine in Firefox at some point (maybe in F7?). Then yelp will only need to depend on the rendering engine part.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu