Re: fc6 gnucash and firefox dependency ?

On Monday 09 April 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
> linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>
> >> Is this a trivia question or a test?
> >
> > Neither!  Does any one know why Fedora versions of
> > these two apps are dependent?  I decided to remove the
> > fc version of firefox and install the newest stable
> > version.  When I used yumex to remove firefox it also
> > wanted to remove gnucash and yelp.  Okay, fine I will
> > just install gnucash again. Gnucash wanted to also
> > install firefox again.  What's up with that?  I don't
> > want to have two versions of firefox installed.  I have
> > seen the posts of others with problems from that set
> > up.  Sooooo, I am going to try my hand at creating my
> > own rpm from source and install the latest stable
> > versions of gnucash and firefox.
>
> Tim answered with the most probable cause.  Makes you
> think M$, huh?  Got to have IE installed in order to run
> some apps....

Yes, that is also one of the reasons why I am working toward
taking on the steep learning curve of Linux From Scratch.

Doing Linux from scratch will be a big plus for learning
Linux better.

--
If the word following begins with
a vowel, the word you want is...