Re: Trying to get wireless card to work in FC6

Claude Jones wrote:

>> At one point I had ifconfig and iwconfig showing the correct ssid
>> and key but it still did not associate!
>
> Given this, I have one suggestion that would only take you a few minutes
> to try. Download/install wifi-radar from extras, and give it a try. I've
> had excellent success with that app, and it's amazingly easy to install.

I agree that wifi-radar is easy to install and use.

I cannot understand why Fedora does not base setting up WiFi
on something like this.

Linux WiFi setup is unbelievably BAD,
and Fedora manages to be worse that most other Linux distributions.

Whoever is responsible for the various WiFi configuration tools
should be gently eased out of the job,
and the author of wifi-radar asked to take the position.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366