Re: video hangs with compiz or beryl enabled

On 4/5/07, Manu G.V <ajeet3047@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also minimizing, wobbling windows and other 3-d effects with compiz
enabled consume about 25% processor but with beryl enabled it doesn't
happen. Is it normal?

I would say no, but I'm out of ideas -  other than scanning the xorg
log and the output of glxinfo for warnings or errors.  Turning on some
of the plugins - "rain" for instance - does push compiz and xorg up to
40% CPU each on my system.  Wobbly never seems to go over about 10%
for me.

Back when I was first playing around with beryl/compiz/nvidia, I added
these to my xorg.conf in the "Screen" section:
       Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
       Option      "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
But I don't remember why :).  I also have the following section:
Section "Extensions"
       Option      "Composite"
EndSection

Not sure if any of that will prove useful to you though.  Maybe
someone else knows more...

Chris