Re: ATI & Radeon 9600 RV350

On Tue April 3 2007, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 21:55 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Monday  April 02 2007 11:55:46 pm Claude Jones wrote:
> > > .2007 11:55 pm
> > >
> > > I've been working on this a few days, and reading about others
> > > struggling with the ATI driver. I can't seem to find anything
> > > definitive.
> >
> > OK - I figured it out. I had installed the wrong kmod for my kernel
> >
> > Does anyone know if DKMS works with the ATI driver?
>
> Try the ATI drivers from freshrpms, I believe Matthious has it auto
> pulling dkms and using that along with his driver.

I did try them and couldn't get them to work for some reason. That's why I was
asking the question. I'm a great fan of dkms and use it on all my nvidia
based machines, but the one comment on it I could find on the freshrpms
website did not list ATI drivers as one of the ones it could auto-build
kernel-modules for. As far as not getting them to work, I'm still trying to
sort out what exactly I did to fix things, since I tried so many things.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA