Re: Nameserver Problem

Tony Nelson wrote:

1.  Remove the /etc/resolv.conf
2.  Create a /etc/hosts file that contains all of the information needed and
that includes all of the servers that host may need to contact for testing
purposes.
3.  Edit the /etc/nsswitch and change the "hosts" line to have "files" only.

Thanks, but that wasn't the question, and it raises its own difficult
questions.  I'll wait for Tim.

Gee....

OK, the question was how can I set up a nameserver without knowing or wanting to know anything about a nameserver and without reading and understanding the documentation.

Then, yes, please wait for someone to do it for you.

--
I used to be a FUNDAMENTALIST, but then I heard about the HIGH RADIATION LEVELS and bought an ENCYCLOPEDIA!!