Re: [Fedora] rescue cd creation

On 3/29/07, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dan McCullough wrote:
> So that would be one of the iso's that I probably have already
> downloaded?  *bangs head*  That will allow me to boot from the rescue
> cd and say make a change to my grub.conf file?
>
> Hey I love your signature :)
    Well, don't know if you've already downloaded it or not, but for FC6
it's FC-6-i386-rescuecd.iso available on any FC mirror site.  Burn that
to a disc and you've got yourself a rescue disc that will allow you to
boot your system up from it, mount your drive and go to town.  That same
disc also allows you to run the installer in case all you want to do is
wipe the system clean and re-install.  That's what I use when installing
new machines (as opposed to configuring grub on an already running
system to install a new FC version.)

The first CD or the DVD can also be used.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130