Re: FC4 -> FC6

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Yes, that's ok, but what should I put ?

Since you are top posting I will too. Perhaps you will see this before you
trash your FC4 install.

You only need to install the package named  fedora-release-6-4.noarch.rpm

This will set your repos variable to FC6. Then go to init level 3.

yum clean all

yum check-update  -  will show you *all* the packages to update

yum update  -  then answer   yes  when prompted will do the update.

*Remember* - *important* - You should do this in init 3 to avoid a 'crash'
about half way through that can leave multiple versions listed in your rpm
database.

If all goes well you should have a FC6 when you are finished. You will most
likely have some things to fix though.