Re: Double summer time?

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:45 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> I don't recollect the question being asked during install, but I do
> forget stuff.

Post install, you get the chance to set the clock.  If your system is
NOT dual boot, you'd never notice any difference between local or UTC
time, so long as nothing went wrong, the system would take care of
everything for you.

i.e. If you, or NTP, sets your time to 4pm, and you set your timezone
correctly, you'll get the right time showing, whatever system your
hardware clock is set to.

But if you dual boot, you'd have to set your system up to play nicely
with all the OSs that you use.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.