Re: fc6 or fc6xen kernels?

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
I've noticed that my /etc/grub.conf file contains kernel pairs that are
identical except that one ends in "fc6" and the other in "fc6xen".  What
does the "xen" indicate?  What's the difference between the two types
and is there any way of telling which type works best on a machine?

Thanks for the help!  --Jerry

The Xen kernel is for virtualization. If you want to run guest OS versions on your computer, the xen version is the choice to use.

I use the regular kernel version for two reasons. The xen kernel caused my computer to go into reboot cycles before it did anything. The other reason is I do not run virtual machines.

Jim

--
Many receive advice, few profit by it.
		-- Publilius Syrus