Re: Various Weirdness

"Dave Cross" <davorg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/24/07, David G. Miller <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Dave Cross" <davorg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Three strange things that have recently started happening on my Dell
> > 5100 running FC6.
> >
> > 1/ The clock loses time. In about an hour of elapsed time, the clock
> > moves on thirty minutes.
> I can't address the other two problems but by any chance is this a 64
> bit system?  There was a similar problem (clock ran precisely twice as
> fast) back in the FC4 days.  Do some googling for you chipset and
> clock.  Actually, a slow running clock could also be causing your video
> weirdness.

The system has two Intel Pentium 4 CPUs. /etc/cpuinfo reports them both as:

model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Cheers,

Dave...
I was thinking more along the lines of looking at what comes back for the following Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=linux+%22clock+runs+slow%22+%22pentium+4%22&btnG=Search

You may do better substituting your chipset or your motherboard for "pentium 4" in the search terms. The problem I alluded to in my previous posting was specific to the Radeon 200M chipset.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce