Re: Various Weirdness

On 3/24/07, David G. Miller <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Dave Cross" <davorg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Three strange things that have recently started happening on my Dell
> 5100 running FC6.
>
> 1/ The clock loses time. In about an hour of elapsed time, the clock
> moves on thirty minutes.
I can't address the other two problems but by any chance is this a 64
bit system?  There was a similar problem (clock ran precisely twice as
fast) back in the FC4 days.  Do some googling for you chipset and
clock.  Actually, a slow running clock could also be causing your video
weirdness.

The system has two Intel Pentium 4 CPUs. /etc/cpuinfo reports them both as:

model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Cheers,

Dave...