Got livna fglrx 8.34.8 working on Dell Latitude D810 with AIT X600 /w FC6

I had the X600 working well with FC5 and the livna fglrx but after
installing FC6, had no direct rendering with either the livna or ATI
proprietary drivers.  Never even got the ATI prorietary drives
installed. The usually reliable "Unofficial Fedora FAQ" instructions for
ATI drivers from livna did not work with the 8.34.8 fglrx.  There was
no

ati-fglrx-config-display after

yum install kmod-fglrx.

A similar link
http://fedorasolved.org/video-solutions/ati-yum-livna/
"Configuring an ATI card using YUM and the LIVNA Repository"
helped me solve the problem.  I needed to "point" /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
to /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1

To do this, as root delete the existing soft link and create the right
link:
%cd /usr/lib
%rm libGL.so.1  (it is a soft link)
%ln -s /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1 libGL.so.1

I also had to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  Between the Unofficial FAQ and
the other link, you should be able to see what needs to be changed or
added.  If you cannot get direct rendering then, post a request for my
xorg.conf.

Hope this keeps others from the week of pain I just had.
Regards,
Dave Perry