problem with ifcfg-script with wireless adapter

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a Belkin usb wireless adapter on FC6.  Its the
rt73 chipset and as such I had to download and compile the driver for
it.

Having done this, I am trying to get it to come up correctly on boot.
So I launched system-config-network and edited the relevant settings.

However when i do,

/sbin/ifdown rausb0
/sbin/ifup rausb0

the WEP settings are not configured correctly.  iwconfig shows that
encryption is off.

So to get it to connect, I need to do this:

sudo /sbin/iwconfig rausb0 key open
sudo /sbin/iwconfig rausb0 key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It then works.  ifcfg-rasub0 looks like this:

# belkin rt73 usb
DEVICE=rausb0
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=192.168.1.101
HWADDR=00:17:3F:71:62:72
ONBOOT=yes
DHCP_HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
DOMAIN=
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
TYPE=Wireless
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes
ESSID=xxxxx
CHANNEL=11
MODE=Managed
RATE=Auto
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

The file keys-rausb0 is also there and it has the right key in it.  Is
there something I am missing here?

Best regards and thanks!

Alastair