Re: Grub, MBR, Swap and Error

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 07:22 +0700, Bobex Scores wrote:

I'm using FC6, Ubuntu6.10 and Slack11. and I install slack the last.
After I install slack i dont like lilo, so i want to go back to FC6
Grub, I insert FC6 DVD installer and type "linux rescue" and in
konsole I do :
# grub
  grub> root (hd0,1)

This selects the /boot partition that contains the rest of GRUB.  It
only matters for getting GRUB to start.  With a multi-boot system you
may have ended up with a few installations of GRUB, one per OS.  That
doesn't matter, you only need to use one of them.

grub> setup (hd0)

That sets up where GRUB starts from.  In this case the MBR of the first
hard drive.

and I restart, yes it worked, but after 6 hours, i restart my computer
and it say grub hardisk error, so i heve to do that step again, and it
works again, and error again after restar.

That sounds awfully like you might have a defective hard drive.

yeah I think so too, maybe the problem is my Hardisk, but that step is fine with ubuntu, so i'm using ubuntu's grub. thanks anyway