Re: Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

On 3/18/07, Dan <grinnz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>

>> The others might be good as well, but Fedora in the end is
>> the best one, at least for me.
>>

> It may be the best, but it can still be improved.
> It is sad that my suggestion (as OP) that
> Anaconda might be less than perfect
> was met by screams of outrage
> and suggestions that I must be a mole for another distribution.
>
> Anaconda is really pretty bad, in my opinion -
> eg its love for the dreadful DiskDruid -
> I'd give it beta minus if I were feeling generous.
> It's easily the worst thing about Fedora.

I agree here. With FC6 on both my laptop (Wireless, ATI, power
management) and desktop (Everything on dmraid0 drives!) the SINGULAR
ISSUE I had was installation. Past that, I don't think I've had a single
problem more serious than retarded video drivers (which I can't really
do anything about).
-Dan

One can only hope that you guys are reporting this issues so others
need not suffer through it, esp. baring in mind that the Fedora devs
have a limited sub set of hardware configurations on which to use
themselves.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud