Re: I don't want a keyring password

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Gnome apparently refuses to create a keyring without a password.

This means that after I supply my login id and password, a few seconds later Gnome wants another password from me, to unlock the password for my wireless Lan.

Is there a way to get rid of this nuisance? ssh won't force a password on me. GnuPG won't. Gnome shouldn't, either.

If you want to request the option to not require a password, file a bug at gnome.org.

If you just don't want to have to enter it, install pam_keyring. If your keyring password is the same as your login password, you should not have to enter it anymore.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu