Re: mgetty question

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
By the way, how are you planning to use the CID information? Are
just recording it?

1 - record it
2 - web application
2a - make it available on my web server so I can check calls remotely
2b - forward call details to to my cell pone as text message for selected calls/time of day etc. 2c - that call is for my wife/daughter... click - send e-mail/cell phone text message with call details 3 - answer/hang up on unwanted telemarketers (answer with a modem tone should stop their their auto-dialers) And if someone calls trying to connect ... not likely... modem is set to have a very short "time to detect carrier", by the time the modem has started all it's can you do this? and what about this? and that too? oops, timed out... 4 - if I had a different modem, I'd generate the SIT tones for the unwanted telemarketers.... but I have this old modem lying around doing nothing useful.

That's all for now :-)