Re: mgetty question

Don Russell wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> You should also check the mgetty docs to see if it wants formatted
>> or unformatted CID information.
>>

> Perhaps I missed it, but I can't find anything in "man mgetty" nor "info
> mgetty" on this. But, I could change the setting to use the unformatted
> setting and see what happens.... I'll try that and see what happens.

Looking at the current man pages, I see what you mean. Not a lot
there about CID. I am about 4 or 5 years out of date on mgetty,
which is why I suggested you check the documentation. I believe it
wanted the information all on one line - what was called unformatted
format back then.

By the way, how are you planning to use the CID information? Are
just recording it?

Mikkel