Re: convert VHS to DVD

Guy Fraser wrote:

[snip]

It has gotten out of hand, I am going to have to build a video stabilizer, to put between my cable box and my Media Centre, just so I can watch TV uninterrupted.

Sad state of affairs, yes.

[snip]

It is indeed an evil system that wrecked the viewing and audio on many VHS movies and now continues to wreck the viewing of HBO television shows, and any show with HBO commercials.

I may build one of these projects listed, but had already started developing my own project that would just "black" the video portion of the single line that macrovision uses, ensuring the least degradation of the rest of the

Ah, but MacroVision comes in several "flavors", and some
of them use multiple line times of the vertical blanking
period.

video signal. Unfortunately, due to the simplicity of what
I am designing it will only be suitable for the removal of a single line of video data, and since it will be the line occupied by macrovision it may be in contravention of copyright laws, so I will not be publishing my design.

I don't think that's a problem in the USA. If you came by
information legally, then by freedom of speech you can
publish it. IANAL

Best of luck, for the rest of you, some of the suggestions in this tread appear to be good choices.

Well, building one would not be difficult, even with counters
instead of one-shots, but I'm for buying one prebuilt, myself.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.