Palm USB sync problem

Since today I have problems synching a Palm Treo 650 on my Fedora Core
5 latest kernel. It just started happening today, after no upgrade or
change that i can remember. I rebooted and it still does it. I
searched for it and it happens in different distros, also for other
USB devices such as flash drives, usb disks, but I couldn't find any
suggested solution.

In dmesg it reports:

usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10

and each time you try the adress gets increased by 1 and the link to
 /dev/pilot is not created.

Anybody knows a solution for this?

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes