Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 37, Issue 104

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 08:37 -0400, George Hare wrote:
> LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
> devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
> sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
> LABEL=SWAP-hda2         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
>
> Any changes you would make to this with the limited info you have?

I'd try what I'd said earlier on in my message.

i.e. Try the following, if your system isn't finding the swap partition
by its label.

LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
#LABEL=SWAP-hda2        swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hda2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

The first one has been "commented out", you can easily return the
original setting by just deleting the # mark, if you want to, without
having to remember what was there to retype it.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.