Re: Palm USB sync problem

* Walter Garcia-Fontes [13/03/07 15:15]:
> Since today I have problems synching a Palm Treo 650 on my Fedora Core
> 5 latest kernel. It just started happening today, after no upgrade or
> change that i can remember. I rebooted and it still does it. I
> searched for it and it happens in different distros, also for other
> USB devices such as flash drives, usb disks, but I couldn't find any
> suggested solution.
>
> In dmesg it reports:
>
> usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10
>
> and each time you try the adress gets increased by 1 and the link to
>  /dev/pilot is not created.
>
> Anybody knows a solution for this?

It turned out to be a problem of connection, sometimes when I put the
Palm in the craddle it seems that the connection is not perfect. Taking
the Palm in and out of the craddle at some point the connection
works.

Very hard to detect since the connection is done, but it seems that
high speed USB is very sensitive to the connection...

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona