Re: A firefox secret

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 17:54 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 12/03/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Are you sure you did not set it to false before you upgraded? I would
> > expect the settings for each user would be retained in their home
> > directory. Mine is also false after installing firefox2 but ir was false
> > before I installed firefox-1.5.0.10.
>
> Set to true here. FC6 Fx 2.0.0.1 I can't for the life of me remember
> how I installed it, though. I didn't use the official mozilla build, I
> think. If it's important to you, tell me how to check how fx was
> installed and I'll gladly check for you.
>
> Dotan Cohen
Sounds like you are as overworked as I think I am. Well you could check
if it was installed as rpm (rpm -qa |grep firefox). Was it the remi rpm
(rpm will have remi in its name to maybe the name of the repo you got it
from)
But I think I am convinced that on a fresh install the config value will
be true. By that I mean an install where it had not be set to false in
an earlier firefox that had been installed.

You need not waste you time further on this. I just have to decide who
will accept my complaint
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>