A firefox secret

For those who didn't want to get involved with my rant here is a firefox
secret that is worth knowing.

> Or ~/.mozilla/plugins or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins or ....?  As someone
> just starting with Fedora Core 6, I had a difficult time getting the
> plugins installed and working, and then two time later updates messed me
> up, and the last time I am not sure what messed it up.  But because I am
> using my old 466Mhz Celeron with 256Mb of memory I don't want to waste
> developers time with a bugzilla against this old, slow, memory
> constrained system (even though it is more powerful that the CRAY that
> was used in the 60's.)
>
> Regards,
> Les H

Now I will tell you a secret. If you go into about:config you will see
that the configuration:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions is set as true by
default. Only when it is set to false can you see what you want to see
in the: Edit->Preferences->downloads->view & Edit Actions.
With this set as true you are flying blind with plugins.  Why does
fedora not distribute this with the configuration set properly. How would you
know about this?
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>