Re: A firefox secret

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 11:06 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

Now I will tell you a secret. If you go into about:config you will

see

that the configuration:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions is set as true by
default. Only when it is set to false can you see what you want to

see

in the: Edit->Preferences->downloads->view & Edit Actions.
With this set as true you are flying blind with plugins.  Why does
fedora not distribute this with the configuration set properly.

How

would you

know about this?

File a bug. It cerainly seems rediculous.

Dotan Cohen

Many moons ago I reveled the above secret and was asked to file a
bugzilla. So I did on bugzilla.redhat.com
They responded that I should file the bug on bugzilla.mozilla.org
So  I did: bug 373568

Mozilla responded that this was a duplicate of bug 370386
This bug is indeed related but it blames the problem on gnome and
suggests a patch which clearly has never been applied. If you go to bug
370386 you will see reference to an older mozilla bug report.

At this point I am dizzy. I will think about this further but it looks
hopeless for anyone to take responsibility for this and then promise to
fix this in later firefoxes, gnomes or somewhere. If anyone wants to
trail this far enough to make a suggestion I am all ears.

I just checked, the default on mine is "false."  [Firefox 2.0.0.1  FC-6]

Bob Goodwin