Re: wierd zd1211rw wireless adapter problem

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Philip Walden wrote:

Philip Walden wrote:
Well after much fiddling, I was unable to get a reliable activation of eth1.

So I switched to NetworkManager, as I had not had much luck with it in FC5 with a different wireless card and had stopped using.

Well again after some fiddling, NetworkManager seems to connect reliably on login. It is annoying that it asks for the keyring password just after entering the login password. A rudimentary attempt to stop it doing this by editing the /etc/pam.d/gdm file were unsuccessful. Oh well it is good enough for now.

$ yum search pam_keyring

pam_keyring.i386 0.0.8-3.fc6 extras
Matched from:
pam_keyring
The pam_keyring module allows GNOME users to automatically unlock
their default keyring using their system password when they log in.
This allows the data in the default keyring to be used more
transparently. Ideally, users should only every have to enter one
password (or physical token, etc.): the password they use to
authenticate themselves to the system when they log in.
I installed it and rebooted, but I was still prompted the keyring password.

I read somewhere that this is a NetworkManager issue, not a keyring problem.