Re: Fedora 6 default permissions for roots home

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 04:05:35PM +1300, Shams wrote:

> Why does /root need r-x for group, is it because root user belongs to root
> group?

It may be a case of sensible defaults, but there could be some other
reason for which I'm unaware.

> /home/tim has by default:
> drwx------

I vaguely recall seeing a question about that during the install
process, asking if I wanted to enable that configuration for home
directories. I checked, and I can't find what produced that question.

> Are these permissions mandated by POSIX?

I don't know. It could be something regarding LSB compliance. Sorry I
couldn't help more.

--
Brian Clark