Re: Fedora 6 default permissions for roots home

Thanks, you right, I checked, probably got confused with permissions on
/home.

/root has by default:
drwxr-x---

Why does /root need r-x for group, is it because root user belongs to root
group?

/home has by default:
drwxr-xr-x

/home/tim has by default:
drwx------

Is this for security by obscurity reasons that /home/tim hasn't does not
have any permissions
set for group and world by default?

Are these permissions mandated by POSIX?

Thanks
Shams