Re: Google Earth stuck in graphics emulation

> I'm googling fglrx now. I have no problem with installing proprietary
> software: if somebody developed it and licensed it for legal usage,
> then why not? Of course I would also prefer to use and to promote open
> source code, but I'll not cripple my system in the absence of such
> code.

My thoughts exactly. I would rather not, but if I have to I have to...

> As per the instructions at http://www.fedorafaq.org/ I drop to
> runlevel 3 after installing kmod-fglrx via yum. I try to run
> ati-fglrx-config-display, but it is not installed! Other than
> installing from the tarball, is there any way to properly configure
> fglrx?

Cannot comment here, as I don't have ATI. But a few suggestions

Did you run ati-fglrx-config-display as root

If so, maybe your path is not finding it. Try finding it explicitly
in /bin /sbin etc ? If not then does

 > updatedb
 > locate fglrx

find anything ?