Google Earth stuck in graphics emulation

I've got a Dell Inspiron 6400/ E1505 laptop with the ATI x1400
graphicsw card with 256 MB or video RAM (2 GB system RAM). However,
when I try to run Google Earth, I get this:
"You are currently runnin Google Earth in 'OpenGL' with software emulation."

Apparently, Google Earth cannot use my graphics hardware. All the
details on the Google Earth website pertain to Windows only. Does
anybody have any experience configuring Google Earth on Fedora?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/open_source.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/164/dixie_chicks.html