Re: Cannot open Firefox after closing her.

Dotan Cohen wrote:

No lock files that I could find, at least not the standard Fx
lockfile. I'll start disabling extensions, but as I haven't added any
recently, I doubt that is the problem. I also don't have Fx nor the
extensions automatically update.

Another possibility is that firefox is waiting for a child process it has started to close before it exits and it could be that process that firefox is waiting on.

You should check the PIDs of the firefox left running and see if there are any children of these processes that may still be running.

Ed