Re: Where are all the updates gone?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

Res wrote:

This is the funny thing, Fedora tots itself as "bleeding edge"

Where?

yet only do so called security backports to stuff, like the ol true RH
used to, which was cool because RH never promoted itself as bleeding edge..

Factually incorrect. By last count, only about 10% in Fedora Core
updates is backports. If you take into consideration Fedora Extras the
percentage would probably go down even further.

it seems its bleeding edge only when it suites them

It is absolutely maintainer's decision. Bleeding edge on pretty much all
packages is called "Fedora Development".

Rahul

That is strange. Nearly every week someone atacks a poster who complains
about the latest Fedora by saying Fedora is supposed to be bleeding
edge. If they want stability they are told to go to a different version
of Linux. Is that opinion not shared by the Fedora Board people?

Like I said, only when it suites them, thanks by the way, I'm glad I am not the _ONLY_ one that notices this.

--
Cheers
Res