Re: Skype for Linux

I don't think that it is. The codec that Skype uses i proprietary and I don't know if anybody has even tried to reverse engineer it.
You should ask Skype company because they are the only ones than make or not make opensource skype clinent.

Checkout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype_Protocol#Legal_Issues

Bye