Re: zdump - where is it?

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 06:56:12PM -0500, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> Thanks, Jakub -- I was a bit concerned when I couldn't rebuild Rawhide
> tzdata, even on FC6, due to the 64-bit changes.

Those are fully backwards compatible - zic just now adds 2 new sections
to the file after the standard 32-bit header+tables, a 64-bit header+tables
and an POSIX TZ env string for the last rule if any.  All older readers
don't care about whether the file ends at the  end of the 32-bit tables
or not, the header contains all needed sizes.  And newer readers are able
to use 64-bit tables or POSIX TZ env string if available, but can read
just the 32-bit tables if that's all that is present.

	Jakub