Re: new daylight savings time

dhottinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

To say that if I have anything less than a Fedora core 4 box I have problems is not very bright.

I'd recommend reading the changelogs from the current versions of all your programs back to the versions you have running to have a better understanding of what has been fixed since then.

Both of my DNS servers are core 2. I have updated named several times since putting them online, but they are running on old hardware, that may not be compat. with newer versions of Linux.

Centos3.x will run on older hardware. Centos4.x should run anywhere your could run FC2. These aren't newer versions of Linux but they are still supported with updates that fix bugs as they are found.

> I ask a
simple question expecting at least some kind of intelligent answer.

I think it is intelligent to look the expected supported lifetime before installing an OS to see if it matches your intended usage. Fedora has always been very clear about the life cycle of each release.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx