Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Michael A Peters wrote:

What has redhat bastardized?
They remove patent problem code from gstreamer-plugins.
That code is not even necessary if you disable the plugins at build
time.

xmms for starters, have not bothered trying audacious, but im sure they removed part of the original authors code that plays mp3's etc as well in that.

attracting noobs and then faded. Ubuntu isn't fading as fast as I
thought it would, maybe it is here to stay, but Fedora in my experience
is a lot nicer than Red Hat was - even for noobs.

Call me ol school I dunno I prefered RedHat to Fedora
And Ubuntu wont fade when Fedora plays its current politics.
I have almost been tempted to try Ubuntu as some of my collegues say its fantastic.

It's messy on Windows too. After applying SP2 on my laptop, I could not
boot. Had to go into rescue mode. Problem was a virus checker.

Linux/Solaris user through and through, dont use win.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie