Re: How to SMTP (Email) Server Fedora 6?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

It should work fine for people that use fetchmail to download their
mail from their ISP. Then again, most ISP's are already blocking
incoming port 25 connections to non-commercial accounts, and may
require you to request opening up incoming port 25 connections on
commercial accounts.

So you don't think RH and fedora are suitable distributions for people with commercial accounts? I can understand that for fedora, but all RH based distros are broken the same way.

> It has been a long time sense I
has able to use a stock Sendmail, or Postfix configuration file
regardless of the distribution.

That's my point... Why not ship something that works? If the other services didn't work as distributed you probably wouldn't run them either.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx