Re: password

Manuel Arostegui wrote:

Actually I wonder what kind of box are we talking about? Is it your home
computer?. At home, nobody uses either my box or my laptop, so no GRUB or
BIOS password is needed.

I have several cats which use my computer unless I lock the keyboard.
Fortunately, they haven't guessed my password.

Yet, that is. :-)

I still find NumLock and CapsLock not to be the way I like them, though!

If you're talking about your office computer, it depends on how much do you
trust on your co-workers

At one place where I worked, the policy was that all computers
were to have the keyboard locked or logged out when not attended.
One guy left his workstation, and did not lock his keyboard. Some
emails from his user id went to everyone in the company. These
emails had racial slurs and other offensive language in them.

He was fired.

His defence that he did not originate the emails didn't stand up
against company policy that keyboards be locked or logged out.

YMMV

Mike
Oppose globalization and other One World Governments like the UN.
You have found the bank of Larn.