Re: FC6 x86_64: Trying to debug Transgaming/wineHQ wine

Sean Bruno wrote:
I've been trying to use the Transgaming version of wine on FC6 x86_64 at
home recently.  Some games do play flawlessly, but I am running into a
baffling issue trying to install others.

For Diablo 2, the installer will run and proceed normally until I need
to swap out disks and it attempts to pull data off of the 'play disk.'
The installer can 'see' the CD in the drive if I browse to it withing
the wine session, so the disk is definitely present.
snip

Hal is another issue with Cedega.
Its perfectly OK with Hal if you go ahead and put a 'fixed' entry in /etc/fstab for the CDROM. That way cedega has a much easier time using it, ejecting during installs, etc.

This is what I used to good effect:

/dev/hdc /media/cdrom auto defaults,user,managed,ro 0 0

That way both hal and cedega were happy.

Put in a CD, type: mount /media/cdrom
or Use one of the GUI mount tools.

As for kernel tuning:

I have these in /etc/sysctl.conf