FC6 x86_64: Trying to debug Transgaming/wineHQ wine

I've been trying to use the Transgaming version of wine on FC6 x86_64 at
home recently.  Some games do play flawlessly, but I am running into a
baffling issue trying to install others.

For Diablo 2, the installer will run and proceed normally until I need
to swap out disks and it attempts to pull data off of the 'play disk.'
The installer can 'see' the CD in the drive if I browse to it withing
the wine session, so the disk is definitely present.

At this point the windows installer seems to be unable to detect a real
copy of the game.  Tech Support at Transgaming is pointing the finger at
Fedora, but I am unable to get *specific* information out of them at
this time.

<quote>
Hello,

Please note that multiple copy protection systems are broken under
Fedora Core 6, including Safedisc and Securom. As a result, many games
are not working with FC6 unless a NO CD patch is applied (and even then,
the games may still not work). We recommend using another distro at this
time.
</quote>

The response seems pretty clear that Transgaming believes that something
Fedora-ish is causing issues with wine, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Sean

P.S.  I have also started a thread at trangaming.org with regard to this
issue: