Re: Boot problems (still)

zephod@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Why are you trying geometry?

Because geometry lists the device and the C/H/S information in its output so I can see that hd0 is /dev/sda and it is my 120G SATA drive and not my 160GB IDE drive.

Steve.

Thanks for the information. I did not know what the option was used for. I only used the grub shell a few times and the latest was because I did not have a rescue disc available. I had to guess and use pretty vague hits from google to get my system booting again.

Jim

--
Do you remember when you only had to pay for windows when *you* broke
them?

   -- Noel Maddy