Re: This is the error I get when I try to detect my soundcard...

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 00:55 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 14:56 -0800, Alex Miua wrote:
> > Hello everyone : )
> >

> > ------------------------------
> > Automatic detection of the sound card did not work.
> > This audio device will not be available on the system.
> >
> > You can create /root/scsconfig.log, /root/scsrun.log
> > on the System tab and file a new bug
> > at http://bugzilla.redhat.com.
> >
> > Please click OK to continue.
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Could someone please clarify what this error means ?
> > and how I can fix my soundcard?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Alex.
>
> What kind is it? IF this is a fresh install, you might do your update
> first using "yum -y update" and let all those packages get installed and
> try again. Ric

I must comment since I just did this. I assume you got that error
message when you played the test sound and did not hear it. So wehen
asked you said you did not hear it. Why don't ou lie and say you heard
it then click Apply and then OK.

I just posted that when I did that the sound worked. Try this. It can't
hurt.
Force has no place where there is need of skill. -- Herodotus