Re: yum-updatesd is totally broken

Craig White wrote:
> Indeed with FC-6 we have had rpm db corruption at the levels unseen
> since RHL 8.0
>
> I would expect that an updated yum-updatesd on a system with a
> functioning rpm database should work as expected.

To be fair, it seems to have been a (rather tricky) kernel bug that had
an unfortunate interaction with the RPM database that was the culprit.
The kernel bug was supposed to have been fixed as of 2.6.19, and I
personally haven't had any problems since then -- has anyone else?

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those
aprilcottage.co.uk | of my employer, are not necessarily mine, and in fact are