Re: Playing audio CDs no longer works.

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:02 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 00:03, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > FWIW this used to happen to me on FC5, and I can't remember it happening
> > > on FC6.  Never really got to the bottom of it.  Do you happen to have
> > > two optical drives attached?
> >
> > This particular machine has a CD read-write drive and a CD read only
> > drive.
> > Only the first drive is connected to the sound card.
> >
> > I could have sworn someone reported on this problem in the last few
> > months but I can't find the resolution of the problem if there was one.
> >
> Try it in the other drive.  Digital playing doesn't require the sound-card
> cable.  I'm not sure why, but I've had this problem with both audio-CDs and
> DVDs.  Sometimes one drive has worked, then sometimes the other.  I suspect
> that config files are being affected by updates, but I could be way out.

Well what you are suggesting is against all my experience. But I trieds
it and got the following results:
1, The audio CD in the first drive was not found (it has the sound
cable).
2. The audio CD in the second drive was found and the track were shown
and began playing. But no sound which I owuld expect since there is no
sound cable.

Would others agree that you can sound from a CD without a sound cable?
You prefer the company of the opposite sex, but are well liked by your
own.