Re: bugzilla advice.

Aaron Konstam wrote:
I have been roundly scolded for not using bugzilla so let me illustrate
my current problem with this technique.
<snip>

On the
other hand grip refuses to admit that the CD is available even though
its icon appears on the desktop. Again no error messages appear except
that the grip window shows nothing to play, so what bugzilla information
would be helpful.

<snip>

In the case where there's no obvious diagnostic I'd quite
often ask on the list first to see if people can suggest
ways of investigating.  Other people have mentioned strace
for segfaults.  For grip I'd suggest:
1. Checking the configuration, grip must be told where to
   look for CDs (a minor annoyance with grip)
2. Run from the command line, specifying --device=DEVICE
   (with DEVICE being your CD drive) and --verbose (see
   man grip for others) to see if there's any more
   information.

--
imalone