Re: Webcams again

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 6:05 am, Ric Moore wrote:

> Anne, this might sound crazy, but it's worth a try. I was dinking
> with my little logitech and by turning the lens to focus it better,
> the color and contrast also improved. Sounds dumb, but worth a
> shot? Ric

Ric.

Butting in for a few moments.

I too am having aMSN picture problems. The picture is very "brown" in
either daylight or artificial light. In fact, it is brown in other
Linux video chat programs (Kopete and Ekiga). If I even 'touch' the
brightness control, it immediately goes very over-exposed. Altering
the focus doesn't improve it at all.

I'm not flaming, just stating facts, but in Windows Live Messenger,
with Logitech's driver, the picture is excellent for a 640x480
camera. Correct colours, and it works in far lower light levels than
is required in Linux.

I'll now retire into the background again!

Keith