Re: Prevent unknown users from using Internet

On Tue, February 6, 2007 07:45, bsnottum@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am running fedora core 2 server with dhcp-3.0.1rc14-1.
>
> I would like to restrict Internet access only to those users that is given
> an ip-address from my dhcp server. The dhcp server only gives out
> addresses to nic's already defined in dhcpd.conf.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this? All kinds of help would be
> appreciated.

I block port80 (amongst others) outgoing at a firewall level for all hosts
bar proxy server and my personal laptop (so i can prove things work or
not)

I don't have my DHCPD locked down, but the best thing I have seen for this
sort of thing kinda  comes out of

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html

Basically defines two DHCP ranges based on MAC addresses, a known and
unknown.

Directs the unknown through a proxy that turns the images on the Internet
upside down!

These two combinations might give you some ideas and directions ;-)

Regards

AM

--
I'm not perfect, but I am forgiven.