Re: Switching to KDM with FC6

In article <eq7tml$kve$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Fraser wrote:

> > I tried to completely move over to KDM at the weekend - I think I was
> > just running KDE on top of GDM previously - by following the
> > instructions on this website (http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/1446).
> >
> > I think I've got most of it sorted, however, I'm still showing the
> > default log in screen instead of the KDE one and the Login Manager is
> > still the gnome one.
> >
> > Can someone assist me in the final steps?

> If you're using the kde-redhat repo, make sure you have kdebase-kdm
> installed.

> $ yum install kdebase-kdm

I think that's installed, but I'll check next time I use it.

> Then, edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop to contain:
> DESKTOP=KDE
> DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

I've done that part, but the log in screen doesn't look any different.
Another thing is that in the KDM control centre, there is a section about
image viewing (not quite sure the exact name right now), but I get an error
saying that GIFT - GNU Image Finding Tool can't be found. Where do I get it
from?